Order fulfilment of Spare Parts for Service Centers/Dealers is an indispensable process that companies in Automobile, Consumer Electronics and heavy machinery have to undergo on a daily basis and a strong Spare part distribution supply chain holds the key to Post-sale client satisfaction and a company’s ultimate brand recognition.
The Intra Distribution center activities that any organization has to undergo for Spare part distribution are being identified as a big opportunity area for companies to optimize costs, improve service levels and create that competitive differentiating factor.
Amongst the various Intra-DC processes, the process of Picking items, Packing orders and dispatching Orders is one of the most labor-intensive and error prone activity for almost every warehouse, where the cost of order picking is estimated to be as much as 55 % of the total warehouse operating expense.
The most common Picking Strategy that companies adopt is Order Picking, which involves a Picker/Set of Pickers picking items for one order at a time. The primary reason for adopting Order Pick as the preferred picking strategy is the ease of downstream operations (such as Quality Check, Packing and Dispatch) that it brings to a Warehouse. However, the Picking productivity in a typical Order Pick environment tend to be the poorest amongst the various Picking strategies.
CHALLENGES IN SPARE PARTS STORAGE AND DISTRIBUTION
1. Extremely low Picking Pick Productivity (~50-120 Picks per hour) leading
2. Delay in packing and dispatch of critical orders in case of Wrong Picks.
3. Dual Scanning of Every picked item (Pick Scan and Pack Scan) leading to lower packing productivity
4. Lack of process visibility and data collection at various steps
5. Non-efficient space utilization at Outbound Stations
BatchIT: THE SOLUTION PROPOSED BY FALCON AUTOTECH:
- IOT based Put to Light Sortation System
- Automated Case Quality check
- Intelligent Software System
To bring about unprecedented process visibility and Data Intelligence at every process.
OPERATION IS MAJORLY DIVIDED INTO THREE PRIMARY BASKETS:
- BATCH PICKING
- ORDER CONSOLIDATION
- CASE HANDLING (Weighing, Packing, Labelling and Sorting)